If there is a household chore that we find difficult to carry out, it is doing the laundry. But since I discovered these wonderful tips the truth is that it does not take me that long and the results are also incredible. Pay attention to these tricks taken from the laundry services of five-star hotels.
- Loading the washing machine: For best results, load washer at 80% full capacity. Overfilling the washer won’t wash your clothes properly. On the other hand, if you put few clothes you can damage the washing machine, so the idal is 80% of its capacity.
- Water temperature: For best results, wash your load at approximately 60 degrees, this will disinfect clothing and remove dirt. Washing in cold water does not destroy bacteria and dust mites on sheets and towels, while too hot water can damage fabrics.
- Washing aids: Conditioners that can build up in fabrics and can make towels stiff. Use white vinegar instead. Just add 3 tablespoons during the rinse to make clothes soft and remove traces of dust.
- Stain removal: Remove oil stains by spraying them with artificial sweetener or starch, and then simply wash the piece of clothing.
- Easily remove traces of tomato juice or sauce by adding a few drops of WD-40 degreaser, applying it to the stain and leaving it for 5 to 10 minutes, then wash the piece of clothing with cold water.
- Remove sweat stains from white clothing by prewashing with a 30-degree wash agent. Next, a bleach wash cycle is run.
- Remove the coffee and wine stains by soaking the clothes in a solution of water and salt, for one hour. When you’re done, wash the clothes.
- Get rid of the yellow color of white clothes, or eliminate unpleasant odors using baking soda. Add half a cup of baking soda to household soap or detergent and wash items in hot water.
- Drying: Preferably, your clothes should be dried in the open air, exposing them to sunlight. If you use the dryer, put a tennis ball inside the drum to make your towels fluffy.